Raspberry Pi 3 A+
Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+
This board is the latest revision of the Raspberry Pi board, packing the same punch as the Raspberry Pi 3 B , on a smaller footprint. For the first time ever, this Model A board also has the beefy WiFi chip from the Model B . This is the perfect board if you’re looking for the power of the B with less power usage.
- The Brains – 64-bit SOC @ 1.4GHz – Using the same Broadcomm BCM2837B0 as it’s brother board, the processor is a tried and tested option for maker projects.
- The Memory – 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM – A slight downgrade from the B , 512MB is more than enough for most projects.
- Connectivity – 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi & Bluetooth – Using the same specs as it’s brother board, the A comes with 802.11.b/g/n/ac AND Bluetooth 4.2/BLE. That means your IoT projects can be tackled with this board.
- Interfacing with Maker Gear – 40 Pin GPIO – The GPIO is the same as all of the Pi’s before it, meaning HATs, Pinouts and Adapter Plates all work the same way with the A
- Seeing and Hearing the Pi – HDMI, DSI, CSI, 4 Pole Stereo and Composite Video – With HDMI you can connect right up to any modern screen, the DSI connector is great for using Maker displays, the CSI connector allows you to hook a camera right into the Pi, and there’s more by way of composite video. You’ll be seeing your Pi desktop with ease.
- Power: 5.1VDC via micro-b USB