AmigaOS 4.1 Pegasos2 Edition
AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition requires no previous version of AmigaOS 4.x and is a stand-alone product, quite possibly the most affordable version of AmigaOS ever released. This now allows current users of AmigaOS 4.1 to install a complete original version of AmigaOS 4.1 without subsequently needing to download or apply 6 updates and countless minor updates.
New functionality in AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition includes but is not limited to:
- Extended memory functionality (beneficial for all supported platforms even those platforms which cannot be equipped with more than 2GB)
- Most powerful console for AmigaOS
- New Intuition features
- New Workbench features
- Much improved DOS
- New unified graphics library with RTG support which allows for (current and future) very substantial general and platform specific performance optimizations e.g. through the use of on-chip DMA engines (present on recently released hardware going back to the Sam440)
- Updated Python port
- Installation graphics, new icons and back-drops by Martin Merz
- Counless minor updates, new functionality and bug fixes.
This is the Pegasos 2 edition of AmigaOS 4.1, and is designed for running on the PegasosPPC platform (https://www.amigaos.net/hardware/36/pegasos-ii) or for emulation under QEMU. Further information on running under QEMU can be found at https://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2023-03-00113-EN.html