** This product has suffered cosmetic discolouration which does not affect it’s intended use. Please see example photos for reference **
Cases are made using Injection Molding manufacturing technique to produce top and bottom shells as well as trapdoors and parts. The process implies the use of 3 new molds. First one for the top shell, second mold for the bottom shell and last one for trapdoors and parts. No old or 20+ yo industrial parts have been used in this process.
These new cases are perfect replicas of Commodore design.
Some areas of the case have been enhanced for a smooth installation of nowadays expansions boards.
Main differences between original Commodore case and the New A1200 case:
- Plastic is 100% UV proof to avoid case to turn yellow over time
- Screw brass inserts in all 6 new screw towers for smooth operations. No more broken plastic clips.
- Bottom trapdoor offers better cooling with extra vents and 3x rear trapdoors are available: Plain door, VGA hole, DVI hole
- Supports for: Raspberry Pi©, MiST© FPGA, Keyrah© V2 keyboard adapter, RapidRoad© DoubleUSB and Lotharek© HxC Floppy emulator
- Multiple colors available
Made of Anti-UV plastic to prevent the case to turn yellow after several years of use.
The cases do not possess plastic clips that may break after too much openings and closings. To ensure the cases last even after multiple open/close operations, 6x new screw bosses equipped with brass inserts have been added.
Screw brass inserts
To add more versatility the rear plain trapdoor comes with 2 extra doors each having different openings like VGA and DVI.
Extra rear trap doors
The bottom trapdoor has vents offering a better airflow.
Vents on trapdoor
Case have been endorsed by Amiga legends who added their signature on the bottom shell like they did on the venerable Amiga 1000.
Amiga legends signatures
- 1x Top Shell case with enhancements
- 1x Bottom Shell case with enhancements
- 3x Rear trapdoors (1x Plain/1x VGA/1x DVI)
- 1x Bottom trapdoor with vents
- 1x Floppy Drive button*
- 1x Set of screws
- 1x Set of rubber feet
*Currently only available for Chinon FX-354 Floppy Drives. Other drive models expected Q1 2020.